Thursday, January 24, 2008

Let it snow... let it snow....





These are the mountains that I live by. Actually all the windows in the front of my house look out over the San Bernardino/Mt Baldy mountains....In 2003 I bought my very first home and I THANK GOD that I decided to leave the O.C. (Orange County)and move east. Ocean is for some but I am more of a mountain girl.

I wanted to take a picture this morning of all the snow that has come just over the last couple of days but the clouds were so low that I really couldn't. AND oh my gosh, I saw the most prettiest rainbow that i have EVER SEEN this morning. It started at the base of the mountains basically on the roof tops of homes and was so large and the colors were so vivid. Did you see it Tania? Some low clouds went through the middle of it and actually made it look even prettier. It was breathtaking actually. I almost got off the freeway to go see if I could find the pot of gold...

It has been raining off and on since my sister came in the middle of December. She wanted the rain since it hardly rains in Bahrain, but now I think she is sick of it.
Plus she and the baby have been really sick and I think being stuck in the house makes you feel even more blah.

But the snow... gosh it is soooo pretty. These pictures don't do it justice. I just talked to my sister and she can't take a picture of the mountains from our front yard because of the low clouds. Maybe later today they will pass. If so, I will post one tomorrow.

I was reading that the HWY (behind the mountains) which is about 10 miles from my home was snowed in this morning. This is the actual picture from this morning.

Guess "Sunny California" isn't always sunny!
Have a great day everyone.

13 comments:

Gorilla Bananas said...

Very scenic. If you put on some furs, people might mistake you for Mrs Grizzly Adams.

Jahooni said...

Very funny.

Jay said...

The snow looks awesome! I wish it would snow here, but its starting to look like we won't get any. It used to snow quite a bit here when I was a kid.

It was really cold all week, but they're saying the temps will be up in the 50s next week. WTF?

Karen said...

That is why I love living in NJ. We get snow. We have mountains. We have the beach. Just like Cali. :)

Reggie Hunnicutt said...

Hey...you said you weren't posting until spring.

Jahooni said...

yah right Reggie, did you really think that would happen? I can't. This is my therapy. And it cost a lot cheaper than a real therapist!

kara said...

i'd complain that we're not getting any snow up here...except that we're getting sun...glorious glorious sun...so i won't. if this keeps up, i might become less translucent. but prolly not.

Rock Chef said...

Great photos, I love snow.

I am as confused as Reggie, but very glad to see you are still with us.

DirkStar said...

Phase two of my economic program is now in effect...

I sure do miss the days when you blogged on a regular basis.

Hope you finish with your studies soon.

Leighann said...

Hello Jahooni! Thanks for coming by!

Great blog you have here, but I must tell you I *hate* snow! :)

Um Naief said...

NO, i didn't see the rainbow. why didn't you call and tell me???

i saw one the other day when i came home from the store, but it was small and not too colorful. i love vivid rainbows... wish i would have seen it.

Anonymous said...

Great pics - I'm a midwestern girl, living in Oman and there hasn't been a day that has passed when I look at these grand mountains here and have my breath taken away. I love mountains! 'specially mountains covered with snow! You're so lucky! :)

Logzie said...

Oh MY!!! I didn't know it snowed there EVER. Was the city prepared? Is that typical?

Thanks for sharing that beutiful picture of the snow covered mountain...what a thing to be able to look at right out your front window!!! :0)