Friday, January 18, 2008

Something to watch

I am really behind the times. For the last couple of years I have been trying to find a series that I can get hooked on. My all time favorite show was "Ally McBeal and how long ago did that end? Exactly.
Another fav was Friends.
Why do all the great shows have to end? Gosh, I can think of all kinds now.... going back. back... back... close your eyes.... back back...
Happy Days,
Laverne & Shirley,
Gilligans' Island,
Fantasy Island,
Dallas (wait, I lived there when this was popular and thank GAWD I was just a kid! )
Three's Company,
Little House on the Praire (I wanted to be Laura when I was a little girl) Different Strokes, what was the one with the old man and his son that lived together and had a trash truck? Or the one that Janet Jackson played in... I used to watch all these shows. I am feeling pretty old.

I tried getting into Lost. Desperate Housewives. Grey's Anatomy. Etc. Etc.
I went through the entire too much Reality TV phase of my life in which I watched Survivor, Bachelor, Real World, Dancing with the Stars, American Idol... gawd what else have we been hammered with!, wait: What was that Donald Trump show?... Seriously did any of you watch that?????

I like those shows with food critics that go place to place. Anthony Bourdain and Andrew Zimmerman It cracks me up what these men will eat. And I watch entirely too much Food Network. One day hoping to become a fine chef. I love Animal Planet and decorating shows in which I get all these crazy ideas from and I always rearrange my house and it drives my family nuts. Like just last night I have re-done the kitchen nook area and started in on my dining room and now it's a complete and utter disaster zone. My husband is pissed. I get bored.

Anyways MY POINT IS: I think I have found the show. My sister insisted that I start watching Heroes. She lives in Bahrain and started watching that there but I still think we are farther ahead of her here, anyhoo, she rented the 1st and 2nd series for me. I started with the first and second show and WOW, I LIKE IT! yes yes yes, i think i already know exactly who all the Heroes are. But what confuses me is that there seem to be "bad" Heroes. How can a HEROE be BAD????

DO NOT tell me the plot people. Please let me enjoy this in peace. I just wanted you all to know that I finally have something to watch on TV. Maybe now blogging will be put on the back burner.

17 comments:

Reggie Hunnicutt said...

I was thinking the other day that about all I watch is sports on TV.

Did you ever used to watch American Gothic? That was good and short lived, Twin Peaks, Picket Fences all were strange but worth watching.

If Green Bay wins tomorrow I will send for my cheese head. I will call you from the webcam just to prove I actually did did it.

Reggie Hunnicutt said...

Did did it?

Jahooni said...

IF Green Bay wins????? If?
Oh they will. Let's not worry. And don't say IF, say WHEN THEY WOOP ASS!

Anonymous said...

Hey you changed your theme. Like you didn't know that. Ok I will read the post now. Heaha

Doc said...

Save the Cheerleader - Save the world... Thats about all I know.
*shrugs shoulders*

Anonymous said...

Okay, how about Scrubs? It's hilarious. Or House?

kara said...

Besides the weekly 1/2 hour of joy that is 30 Rock...I spend all my days staring out the window mooning over the loss of Arrested Development. Sigh.

Anonymous said...

Heroes is my all time fav.....I just love love love it and have not missed one show....so if you have any questions you can call me or we can call each other on commercials like we used to do with the bachelor...ha ha ha

talk to ya soon

call me

~Marci~

Anonymous said...

Oh and Green Bay is going to win............

DirkStar said...

Okay, I won't say a word...

I had the worst evening last night and could sure use a hug...

Jahooni said...

I said I have nothing to watch on TV... opps forgot about football once a week. ACTUALLY I DID NOT FORGET ABOUT FOOTBALL. Will post tomorrow about my fav' team woopin' some butt! GO PACKERS! say cheese ;-)

Steve said...

Ah - Laverne & Shirley. We got that in the UK too and I have fond memories of it. I'm also sad enough to have the them tune on my mp3 player.

Funny, as I was reading your post I was thinking, "Has she tried Heroes"...

Schmoop said...

I watch Rachel Ray everyday. It helps feed my masochistic needs. Cheers!!

Anonymous said...

I can recommend," Only Fools and Horses," about a South London spiv and his family.

Um Naief said...

matt man, can't believe you watch rachel ray.... i absolutely can not stand that woman!

love heroes... and sister, we rented up until the 8th series... you just stopped at disk 2.

rearranging the dining room until all hours of the wee morning has taken control of your life....

Olivia said...

There is a lot of rubbish on TV nowadays and it's getting worse - even the BBC is crap, and they still take £135 from everyone every year for it.

I used to love Ally McBeal. At university my roomie and I used to knock on our friends doors and they used to bring their chairs into our room and we 4 would watch it together. And mind you, they were guys!

I liked Lost when I could get it, but I can't now. I also like Gray's Anatomy but not sure where it has gone and I no longer have cable.

Ugly Betty, CSI, NCIS, Criminal Minds, House.
I wish I could get some of the ones that are still only shown over in the US. THough mind you, I won't be complaining about that in September if all goes to plan! ;)

Rock Chef said...

My whole family got addicted to Heroes - can't wait for Season 2!