Saturday, January 12, 2008

Softball Try-Outs




Today was softball assessment testing for all divisions. Last year Katelyn played co-ed T-Ball for the very first time. She loved it and shocked us all by being so dang good at it. This girl can really throw a ball. And has the cutest pink glove. We must look cute while playing ;-)

This season she has advanced to fast pitch all girl softball. We went this morning for her testing. As she was in the dugout waiting for her turn, I did what all other mothers do..I watched all the girls before her (with no judgement *cough**) Not one of them was tested for pitcher. Katelyn gets up there. Misses the first throw. Hits all throws after that. Then they tell her to go to out field where the coaches started throwing out balls to her. Some lows and some fly balls. She caught one out of three high ones which was very good. The coaches were impressed by how hard, fast and far she was throwing the balls back. After about 5 minutes of this they bring her to the pitchers mound and a couple coaches went up to her .... after a minute they then lead her over to the area that tests for pitchers. YEAH! She did awesome. Can't wait for the season to start...

14 comments:

Doc said...

Sound like you may have a Lil' Nolan Ryan there... (I would have said Roger Clemens but you know) I bet that she turns out to be a great pitcher. You have to take pics and post for us and keep us up to date on the season... The only thing is the pink glove... you gotta be kidding me... LOL!

Jahooni said...

No I am not. Will post picture of it later....

do they make pink cleats? hymn...

Doc said...

They friggin' better not make pink cleats...

Who else is with me on this one? Baseball/softball gloves should NOT be pink !!!

Jahooni said...

it is so cute. I would post the picture now but I am at my girlfriends house.

Going to all the neighbors houses to use their computers to vote for SUBWAY! ha!

Jay said...

That's really great!

Fast pitch rocks!

Karen said...

I have seen girls at the high school level with pink gloves. It is girl thing.

Congrats on your daughter. I am so excited to see pics as the season goes on.

Um Naief said...

really cute pic!! cant wait to hear what happened... maybe she'll make pitcher, but if not, it'll be a fun year anyhoo.

glad she had fun. wish i could have gone!

kara said...

You need to get her a pink jersey that says 'sassy slugger' in sparkle writing. Like...right now.

Jahooni said...

Kara, I SOOOO AGREE!

i have pink sparkle gel for her hair too! Cute!

Schmoop said...

I didn't use a pink glove when I played baseball, but I did wear a pink protective cup. It made me feel pretty. Cheers!!

Doc said...

I am still waiting on pink glove pictures...

Rock Chef said...

The pink glove sounds great! Looking forward to tales of sweeping victories...

Jahooni said...

Doc,
here are the pics, just for you!

Rock Chef,
Thanks for agreeing with me on this on...

Um Naief said...

matt man, you're funny!