Monday, January 14, 2008

Question .?.

Do many of you out there sometimes wish you could hear what your readers sound like? What type of accent they have or if they have a light, loud, husky, quiet or sexy voice?

I know that Logziella awhile back made a video blog for her readers (thank you :-)), so we could hear her voice. Strangely enough it wasn't how I imagined her voice.
I sometimes call my cell phone (because I am constantly misplacing it) and i am like, who the heck is that on my voicemail?! Do I really sound like that?! And what does that sound like to other people. I know my husband says I sound like a nag... oh let's save that for another post! ;-)

I lived in Texas before moving to California in 1989. I was made "fun of" by classmates because of my southern accent. It was half Texan/half mid west. I guess I would laugh at that too now... but anyways, after all these years I guess I have a Californian accent. I was told by someone back east that it really isn't an accent at all. Guess he was thinking I would sound like a Valley Girl.That was made up for a movie people... or was it? Like duh. Totally.

I love accents. My sister's husband is from Bahrain and will be coming to visit the end of this month. I can't wait to hear his voice. Yallah Yallah Hashim.

I love the sound of people from back east. I have a friend that lives in PA and I love his accent.
I go to Houston next month on business and who knows maybe after just a few days, I'll start saying "Ya'll" and "thata cowboy!" again. Would that be sexy? A californian/texas accent. Hymn....

13 comments:

Jay said...

I have done a few vlogs too. Everybody has teased .. er told me how great my redneck.. er Southern accent is. ;-)

I would love to see every blogger do a video blog or at least an audio blog. I love accents too!

Karen said...

I have also done a few vlogs. I enjoy making them and I enjoy watching other people's videos. I have the pseduo-New Yorker accent and tend to talk really fast - according to what other's have commented.

minijonb said...

i have a face made for radio...

=:-)

...maybe my voice sounds that good as well. i'll have to get around to doing an audio post some day.

Jahooni said...

minijonb,

who are you? Let me hop over to find out! ;-)

Um Naief said...

a california/texas accent?? no, that's not sexy!

i hate texas accents, but i love accents from georgia and the carolinas. just love 'em.

i love hashim's accent too. very sexy indeed! ummmm... just to hear his voice.. well, i love it! who would have thunk it after all these years!

anyway, i used to get made fun of for how fast i spoke. always hated that.

you should do a vlog. i think you'd be mighty surprised by what ppl say about your voice. you have a good voice. nice and it's not whiney or like hubby said!

kara said...

accents do for me what uniforms do for most girls. put me in a room with the ugliest scottish man in the world and a light switch and...well...ok, i'm going to have to ask you to leave.

i had a condicast going for a while, but it only worked in IE. the Waif and I are trying to get it going again. my voice is boring though, so i'm not sure why.

Schmoop said...

I don't have much of any kind of accent. Although, after a couple of fifths of Wild Irish Rose, I begin to speak in tongues. Cheers!!

Doc said...

I have been told that I have a southern accent... but I don't believe it.

Rock Chef said...

I am trying to organise myself for a video blog and keep wondering what you will make of my accent and keep wondering if I should put on a different one to see if anyone realises...

Puppy said...

I have smth called Azeri accent:) If you will ask me what is like, i will probably wont find an answer, but i know who can, Um Naief, she was very kind to call me on my Bday.

I have added you btw, it was flattering to know you are interested.

Jahooni said...

Rock Chef,
we have been waiting for that for how long now?

Puppy,
I will hop over in a bit.

Karen,
Slow down. Relax. Take a deep breathe.

Doc,
Aren't you a NC boy, me and my sis love those boys from there!

Rock Chef said...

Sorry, but I have explained about my technican difficulties :-(

Um Naief said...

puppy, you have a good accent too!!! i love it...