Thursday, June 28, 2007

COOKING CLASS 101


My daughter loves to cook. She is in the kitchen everyday with me.... She goes all out; hat, apron, spoons, measuring cups, etc.... isn't this cute? This picture is her in action!
Here in California, they offer classes through the city (the city in which you live) and I am signing her up for cooking classes starting in the middle of July. Maybe she is a "Chef" in the making....
She will learn all the basics; measurements, cups, teaspoons, tablespoons, etc.... plus she will bring home yummy dishes for Mommy and Daddy... Not bad for a 7 year Old!
Do other countries offer these things?
P.S.
I also have to mention in this Blog that one of my best friends (you know who you are....) is very excited that I have started a Blog....she too will start one soon, so April, YOU GO GIRL!
Oopps, did I out you?

6 comments:

Um Naief said...

this is a really cute picture. i can only imagine the things they'll cook.

mom told me how good she is in math... i think you should try getting her into a music class... maybe they have one at school. she might enjoy picking up an instrument and learning to play. the piano might be hard because of needing to practice every day, but there are tons of others.... and kids who are good in math usually find music easy.

Jahooni said...

um naief,

Thank you for adding my picture. Do you think it looks Okay?

I want my hair shorter in the back... will get it cut next week.

I missed the window for music classes so I will put her in one in the fall. I will let her pick what she wants to play.... I think she wants piano. My girlfriend April has on and she teaches Ashley and will practice with Katelyn too.

Um Naief said...

yeah, your hair looks really cute. i'm really thinking about going in and getting my back shorter as well. i like the shortness of the back and think it looks hip.

as far as piano classes... yvonda took those when she was young and HATED them. sometimes the practice gets to a child... so always remember that if she starts, likes it, but then changes her mind... don't force her to continue. but... how nice if she did learn to play.

it's good that she has a change to have many opportunties in all types of atmospheres... don't you think?!

Jahooni said...

we are leaving for state line tonight :-)
Mom is excited...

Did she tell you that I re-did her room and I am also going to paint the dining room as well.... I love all the bright colors in your house and want to do the same....

I have lost 5 lbs!!!!! :-) I am in a pair of capris (army colored ones) today that were too tight before!

Um Naief said...

hey... i thought you guys were leaving tomorrow morn.????? that throws a crimp in my plans.

Um Naief said...

yeah, and she told me all about her room. sounds really nice. what color are you painting the dining room?

and congrats on the weight. you doing high impact stuff or what?