Thursday, June 28, 2007

ROSIE

Thank you Um Naief for MAKING MY DAY!

I got to work today with a lot of things on my mind. I might have 5 posts today!

But as I was starting my post, I thought hymn, let me check out to see if my sister posted anything while I was asleep here in the USA and come to find out, she posted what has been on MY MIND!

Does everyone know of Rosie O'Donnell? She is a Gay American devoted to making this world a better place. I so adore her. I have been a fan of hers since she stared in the movie "A League of Their Own", and she became good friends with Madonna (which OMG, I forgot to put Madonna on my fave list----how could I do that!) OK, but anyways, Madonna is another person that stands up for what she believes and puts it all out there in her Music and her music will live on forever...

But on to Rosie... I believe that she makes such a big impression with honest true core values that most people are afraid to speak about or afraid to stand up for what they believe in but NOT ROSIE. I have agreed with almost everything that she talks about and if I don't agree with her then I admire the fact that she isn't afraid to speak her heart, her truth. Why is she so hated? Probably because she tells it like it is!

I speak my mind a lot. I try to make it funny most of the time but deep down inside of me, I crave to be a Rosie of this world. Someone that makes a difference. We are all caught up on the gossip and the fakeness that we have totally became cold and insensitive to what is happening with the world and for us Americans; our American government! WAKE UP PEOPLE.

Just like Rosie posted on her blog today.... Larry King Live cancelled Michael Moore (who has done documentaries on such things like Sicko and Fahrenheit 911) to have Paris Hilton on for her first interview after spending 23 days in jail..... COME ON PEOPLE, this is just gone too far.

Is this really what is important in life? I am worried for my 7 year old daughter... is History class in grade school going to be replaced with learning about which celeb did what, with who and why?

Scary. Go Rosie. Let us all learn to speak up and speak loud.

3 comments:

Um Naief said...

hmmmm... some really good points.

i think a lot of ppl hate her because she does speak her mind, which irritates a lot of men, for some reason. another reason is because she's gay, which makes a lot of bible holding ppl angry, and the fact that she adopts children w/ her gay partner... which makes a whole nother list of ppl mad.... it goes on and on.

plus, she's not afraid to say what she thinks about the president and the govt. and high powered ppl, like donald trump. he's now been fired from "you're fired" or whatever it was called. the guy's an idiot. look at the women he marries... evident. yeah, he's made millions.... and he does know business.... but she exposed a side of him that not a lot of ppl could see... and i thinks that's FABULOUS.

that's one thing i admire about you... you just say it like it is. so... keep doing it...


AND SO TOTALLY OFF TOPIC.... what about your hair????

Jahooni said...

Um Naief,

I did say that I don't agree with her about EVERYTHING. Being gay, well I am not but some people are, who am I to judge them. People need to speak up for what they believe in not matter what is right or if it will offend others. That is why I admire her. She doesn't care. I want to NOT care what people think of me... that is what I was really trying to say. ITS not that I LOVE her I just admire her for her being her.

Do I make any sense.

Got my hair cut at lunch. I want it shorter though.

Um Naief said...

you love her, you wanna have her babies, you wanna kiss her...