Friday, June 22, 2007

COLDS

Is there anything worse than having a Spring cold? Its sucks.

My daughter had it just a little for the last couple days but WHAM BAM THANK YOU MAM, I now have it!!! My ears ache, my throat hurts, I can't breathe out of my nose.... Up most of the night tossing and turning, wishing that a sleep fairy would come to put me into a deep deep comatose sleep. No such luck.

So today I am sick , pissed that I am sick, irritated that I am sick and that everyone else here at work is laughing and talking and making so much noise that I want to smack the crap right out of them!

Guess this is what I get. My sister and her baby have been sick and I made the mistake of saying to her "I have been there, done that and I know how it is to have a sick baby..." (which is the truth) but not what a first time mother wants to hear! Guess she cursed me into getting sick.
I think she learned a few things from some of her house maids... how to do Voodoo or maybe it was the evil eyes....

Anyways, feeling sorry for myself today. Wanting to get some sympathy. Wanting this damn cold to go away!

9 comments:

Um Naief said...

so.... the spell worked??

give it a few weeks, and i'll remove it! {that's me cackling like a witch}

aaahhhh, and let's not forget that when the baby was crying from being sick.... you said... "he's just spoiled"... poor little guy....

that's what caused the big curse....so suffer baby, suffer!!
{this is me doing puppy's (blog friend) chucky laugh!!!

Um Naief said...

and crap... i got so caught up in the moment that i forgot to tell ya....

I hope you start to feel better soon! it's NO FUN being sick. i hate it.

i hope katelyn feels better soon too... altho, i bet she's better now that she's passed it to you!

oh yeah.... i adore your "adore list".... i so love butterflies... actually, i adore all the things on your list. shoot... and here i thought we had nothing in common! ;)

Anonymous said...

Try warm lemon and tea. it works with me. Wish you feel better soon :)

Munther said...

The good ol' "I am ill" post, you are learning fast grasshopper (Have to work on my Mr Miyagi impression) and just for that you deserve getting blogrolled "linked" !!

Kidding aside, get well soon my friend ;)

Thanks for Linking me BTW

Munther said...

The good ol' "I am sick" post. I see that you have learned fast grasshopper (Have to work on my Mr Miyagi impression) :P and for that, I'll blogroll (link) you :)

Get will soon my friend and thank you for linking us :)

Puppy said...

Take care of yourself and get better soon.

Olivia said...

Ugh, I am sorry you have a summer cold. Ugh was my word of the day today. Everything about London today was cold, grey, grumpy, not working, out of contact, indigestion, suspense, confusion, klutzy.

Oh that was my Monday.

Am feeling much better now though :)

So here, have a few butterflies and rainbows, and a hot steaming bowl of eucalyptus oil to breathe in!

Islander said...

tea and lemon does woonderssss... but since its 4 days past now u should be better already :)

Um Naief said...

hey girl... where are you?

i'm assuming you're swamped at work. if you wanna talk tonight (your tonight), just give me a ring early and i'll get online tomorrow a.m., my time.

i had hashim check out your blog about the hindi script and all looks fine now.