Thursday, July 26, 2007

THIS AND THAT and the Wrong Paint!

Whew..... can't believe its been this long since I last blogged. Sorry if I have disappointed a few...

Been really busy lately. Good days and some bad days...

My weekend as a Mother was tested by my 7 year old daughter. She was very needy and whinny. My weekend as a Wife was tested by my 35 year old husband. He was just whinny and moody. My weekend as a Daughter was tested by my 74 year old Mother. What did she do?Hymn, I dunno but I am sure she irked me too! I just couldn't get a break, I wanted to scream and run away.... what is the saying, "If Life gives you a Lemon, make Lemonade" Guess I should have done that! Or should of had a Hard Mike's Lemonade ;-)

But instead I got this bright idea of re-doing my dining room. I thought of going brighter with the paint color. It was a mild grayish green and I wanted BOLD, NEW, BRIGHT and thought that a Mustard Yellow with burgundy accents would be right on. BUT OMG, it is AWFUL! I want to cry. My whole dining room is in disarray and the color is something out of a circus tent! It looks yellow orange. I also hate to paint so this really really really sucks! But now I have decided that Bold is not me, I am going to do it a Sage Green with one accent wall being a chocolate brown.

My daughter wants to take a Hip Hop class. Daddy says no, Mommy says yes. Since she was 2 she took ballet and tap but a little over a year ago she decided that she no longer liked it. So I had her try being a cheerleader (which she walked in a parade once and that was it, total waste of money and time) and then she played T-Ball which she was VERY GOOD and she loved it. But that is now over.... And Girl Scouts doesn't start until September. What should I do? She also wants to take a music class. Needing to look up classes through the city to see what is available for right now. Her Auntie thinks music would be good.

Another dilemma, I have a pure bred AKC 6 month old English Springer Spaniel. He is very cute, great markings, nice demeanor, etc. SHOULD I breed him or chop off his balls?

Just things on my mind. Feel better now that I blogged about them. But I don't think this post will take away the awful orange color in my dining room!

2 comments:

Munther said...

Did I read something about cutting balls ? ouch ! The poor lil' thing doesn't know whats coming his way ! Breed him I say ;)

Um Naief said...

well... w/out going into a bunch of stuff... i can only say... if you were to breed him for your own animals... meaning, you want the puppies, then ok, but if you are wanting to sell them, don't do it. too many ppl do this and there are way too many animals on this planet that don't have homes. i'm opposed to breeding. what happens to a dog if you don't get 'em fixed? i know w/ male cats, they'll spray, but i would assume w/ dogs it would calm them down a lot. i'm not sure though.

moody husbands, moody children, moody parent... aaaahhh, life is grand, huh?!!

i think the sage green and the choc. brown sounds gorgeous! that'll look really good in your dining room. which wall will you paint the brown? i'd go for a real dark choc. brown. and sage... what a beautiful color. those colors suit you.

the hip hop class.. well, i somewhat agree w/ the hubby on this one. i think that she's too young for such provocative dancing and hip hop tends to be on the edge. i think you should let her get into music... but a lot of times children tend to hate the classes.. i will tell you that. most everyone i know that took piano classes absolutely hated them. but she may love them, whose to say. she could always take another instrument... guitar might be really fun for her. or what about a fun art class or something?

from talking to you this morn., just to let you know, houston is really humid and it rains a lot down there. don't know what the weather will be like in nov., but there are great shopping malls and such there... not that you'll have time since it's for work.

you sound like you've been super busy.

the baby is starting to crawl. he's moving now and is learning to move his legs. it's just really sweet to see him moving along, and to think that pretty soon he'll be a big boy... breaks my heart!

love ya!