Tuesday, July 31, 2007

CONCERTS- Been There Done That

Okay...... I was thinking of ALL of the concerts that I have seen ( only mid 30's, so not a lot)
BUT HERE GOES.... MY RECOLLECTION: starting from the beginning but then loosing track.....

But I need to say this: A lot of great artists have opened and I only can remember.... "a few"

Def Leopard (very first concert with Sis, Um Naief-I was age 11 I think????)
George Michael
Prince
Whitney Houston (OH Gawd, should I really say this??) Long Long time ago, early drugs days for her, hubby came out to sing himself. awful awful awful
Pink Floyd (don't quit remember...wait, was there pink elephants?)
Oingo Boingo
Steve Miller Band and The Doobie Brothers
Rolling Stones
Bee 52's (great fun with Hubby)
Dixie Chicks (yep, I love em'.... tell Bush the way it is!)
Dave Matthews Band (9th Row-Awsome.. hubby won tickets from KROQ)
Journey
Def Leopard (again)
Toby Keith
Kenny Chesney
Tim McGraw and Faith Hill (August 11th-7th row)

I have been to sooooooo many more. This sucks that I can't think of them.... GAWD.

Will continue soon....

3 comments:

Um Naief said...

when you say "sis"... is that supposed to be me? i wasn't 11... if i remember right, i was in high school when i saw them.. but i don't remember you going! i thought the first concert i took you to was Prince. then we stood in line from 4 a.m. forward to get george michael tickets and then still had lousy lousy seats. but it was fun!! :)

at least whitney didn't fall off the stage during her concert, like billy idol. he was soooo high during his show, i'm not sure how he stood at all. when he fell off the stage, he stayed down there, laying on the ground, singing.

you've seen some good ones. and the B-52s, i saw them too. loved that show.

i'm trying to think about who else you've seen. i know you've called and told me of others, but now i can't remember.

Mr Farty said...

Spookily, I've been listening to Dark Side of the Moon for the past 45 minutes.

Both the concerts I've been at?

A Scotch duo called the Corries back in nineteen-canteen. They wrote "Flower of Scotland".

A Canadian chick called Eileen something. She was pretty hot. Glasgow 1999.

Same venue, Lionel Richie, meh.

Also Glasgow - Gabrielle. Very talented.

Er...

That's it.

Olivia said...

Hehe, what a challenge, to remember all the concerts you've been to.

Hm. I think I started in the 90s as a young teen, but rock and pop are outnumbered by classical concerts for me.

Too bad I missed out on a Muse concert nearby this summer! I love Muse...