Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Texas Bound....

In 8 short, very short, teeny hours I will be in a plane headed to the Great State of Texas. Yup, I said just that, 8 HOURS! I am WIDE AWAKE. I can not calm down after spending 9 hours (last night and 4 hours today after work) sorting out Brownie Cookie Sales. OMG!!! What was I thinking??? And packing and stressing and being sicker than a dog!

Anyways... I thought by doing research on the state that I spent many of my "growing" years would help me to relax. Maybe I would find that old happy place where I went to as a young child. Maybe I would remember those never "forgotten" teen years that have slowly slipped by...

I remember when: my family moved there.... we go way back. Those were the good ole' days.

And when: I carried one of these in my backpack to school...oh wait, they still have those don't they? That is one of the electives I believe...

But ya know... I am looking forward to this little adventure. I hope to come home enlighted on the happenins' of Good Ole' Bush's homeland. Oh what fun this shall be. Until later Ya'll! ;-)

15 comments:

Gorilla Bananas said...

Yee Hah! Say hello to a Texas Longhorn Bull for me. Then try riding him.

Rock Chef said...

Remember The Alamo!

Schmoop said...

Yeeeeeeeeee-Hawwwwwwwww. Have a fun and safe trip. Tell Dumbya I said Hi. Cheers!!

Leighann said...

Have a great trip!!

Jay said...

I should have never left San Antonio. Texas really does rock.

Have a great trip.

Karen said...

Have a safe trip.

Um Naief said...

remember your studying!!!!

no partying in texas!!!!!!!!!!

Jay said...

lol i would like a terrorist hunting license too!!

have fun in texas! eat lots of food and ride horse... and wear those cowboy hats too!

lol

Jahooni said...

Gosh it is sooooooooo pretty here! I forgot just how pretty the skies are in this grand state. Flat but really pretty. My room is over looking miles and miles of the greenest bushiest trees. The air smells so clear. Rented a car and just drove for awhile today before checking in. It was nice.

I feel like a complete zombie. I got no sleep last night from coughing my head off. My head hurts. My eyes burn and I just read over my two day agenda for this seminar. WHew.... I hope tomorrow at 6am i am fresh and alert because I don't know what i'll do if i still feel this way.

When I got off the plane they handed me a welcome card with the Texas Motto on it..." Save a Horse and Ride a Cowboy"!!!

I thought that was sweet. ;-)

Olivia said...

Oh say hello to Texas for me!!!

I was just looking at jobs and apartments in Houston before coming over to the blogs tonight...

It's funny that you live in California and still get excited about Houston.

It's lovely down there at this time of year. I miss that, and the skies.

Hey, go to the TXDOT webpage and vote for the new license plate!
Vote before Monday:
Vote for Lone Star Plate

Olivia said...

Naturalised Texan: "I wasn't born in Texas but I went there as fast as I could."

Those were good days ;)

R.E.H. said...

Have fun in Texas!

Reading your comment here, I notice that welcome slogan... would that not offend some pristine folks? Hehe... Ride a Cowboy! ;)

Cynic with Flair said...

I have become a huge Texas fan during the last couple of years. Met wonderful people from Texas! I hope you have a wonderful time, and report back, ok?

kara said...

Texas makes me think of things I don't want to think about.

DirkStar said...

Have a safe and exciting trip.

I've been under the weather myself but I'm starting to bounce back too.