Sunday, March 16, 2008

My weekend....and tomorrow is MONDAY!


I am not a big fan of cartoons. I really don't remember watching a hole lata' cartoons as a child. As a child I watched "Little House on the Prairie" and swore that I was Laura and that my sister was the awful one... gosh what was her name (i know she was from a different family and all... but..**snicker** that was my sister! ha ha hee hee hee) what was her name? how can this surpass me? URGH! NELLY... that was it! Nelly. right? Um Niaef as Nelly. I am going to get the shit beat out of me next time she is here! ;)~

Anyways, I don't remember watching cartoons as a child and now as an adult I still find myself getting irritated or patting the hairs on my back from standing straight up. I know... I know... but this is my blog and my life, so get over it.

BUT I do have several favorites. I love "Finding Nemo" and um.... let me think. um.... hymn..... um....

well anyways I watched "The Bee Movie" twice this weekend and OMGOSH it was really funny! I loved it actually.
That is the other one I liked... Jerry Seinfeld playing a big gorilla, right? Or what was that? It had horns. Shoot. A Mammoth. That was it. Mammoth Cartoon. and #2.

Anyhoo,
I had a nice weekend. I slept a lot. I have had MAJOR allergies that has caused my eyes to swell up like I have been beaten in an alley some where in down town LA. I even went to work without make-up on Friday and everyone probably thought the same. Oh well... I have an appointment with an Allergist on the 26th. He will tell me to get rid of the dog, cats, husband and all the dust. I have cleaned the dust so far.

Oh and I went to the worst place on Planet Earth over the weekend. WALMART! I spent $392.00 on ???? I had like three bags in the cart! Oh and one plant. Hope it lives. I am probably allergic to that as well...

Have a great Monday everyone....

19 comments:

Gorilla Bananas said...

Good morning, fair madam! Her name was Nelly Olsen and she had blond hair with curls. Her Mother, Mrs Olsen, was hilarious. If I'd been in the show I would have goosed Mrs Olsen and I bet she would have loved it. Didn't you even like Tom and Jerry?

Schmoop said...

I ususally get excited when I start swelling. Have a lovely Monday Jahooni. Happy St. Patty's Day to you. Cheers!!

Dana said...

I'm suffering on the allergie front as well - this time of year just does me in! Glad you enjoyed your cartoons. I'll be really impressed when you blog about Sponge Bob Square Pants!

mr zig said...

I just watched that movie this weekend too, and I gotta say - it really was good! - very clever writing... (and even though I'm not a Seinfeld fan, I still enjoyed it)

Rock Chef said...

I love cartoons - haven't seem B-Movie yet but probably will soonish.

Just put me in front of a TV with SpongeBob Square Pants on it and I am happy.

Sorry about the allergies. Perhaps you are allergic to saying nasty things about your sister...

elizabeth said...

I could spend an entire day at Wallmart just people watching. Home Depot is fun too. ;-)

(how's the plant??)

Jay said...

Yup ... it's allergy time again. Mine are starting up too. I hate having allergies.

Finding Nemo was a great movie. Shrek was too. And Monster's Inc. And Cars and I can't wait to see Horton Hears a Who. ;-)

Jay said...

P.S. The greatest Saturday morning cartoon ever was The Tick!!

Jahooni said...

Jay,
Oh shoot I liked Shreck too but didn't think they needed to make any more after the first one....Okay Monsters Ink was kinda cute. Sometimes I think they make the movies just so they can ad a new ride at Disneyland! ;)~

Gorilla,
I went to bed last night thinking about what I watched as a child and I rememberd Tom and Jerry. I think I skipped that learning curve as a child and went right in to watching Gilligan's Island, The Brady Bunch, Fantasy Island and all those shows.

Matt-Man,
I know you start swelling as soon as you say Jahooni, right?

Dana,
I shall never blog about that little twirt.

Mr. Zig,
Yah it was very clever!

Rock Chef,
Shhhhh... don't tell Um Naief okay?

Elizabeth,
I feel like I catch a 3rd world disease when I enter Walmart. My planet is crazy right now, and yours??

R.E.H. said...

Oooh, I loved cartoons as a kid. Tom & Jerry and Scooby-Doo were my absolute favorites.

As for the newer stuff - I really enjoyed Ice Age (the first one, haven't seen the sequel).

captain corky said...

My English teacher in HS once asked me if I was still going to be watching cartoons when I was 40.

Dear English Teacher,
I still watch cartoons even though I'm only 37, It's a pretty safe bet that I'll still be watching them when I'm 40. Has your asthma improved since you moved to California?

Your all time favorite student,
Corky. ;)

kara said...

i don't like any of those cartoons. my children will only ever see live action movies. like return to oz. and flight of the navigator. they'll turn out ok, i'm sure.

husbands cause allergies? even after they're dipped in bleach?

Anonymous said...

I am definately with you on not liking cartoons, as a child or an adult.
I never ever ever ever go into wal-mart!

Um Naief said...

you don't like cartoons... do you? i can't believe you don't even like tom & jerry or what about the road runner? those are some of the best ones... and bugs bunny! who can't love bugs??!!

i know you hate south park, but that's a whole different type of cartoon... but hey, you did like mr. hanky.... remember?? :)

and i'm not like nelly any more.. maybe when i was younger, but not now! and yeah, you're right, i will beat you up w/ a fly swatter and make you sit on the couch for hours!!!! w/out moving!!!

sorry you're having such bad allergies.. i'm telling ya, there's something bad in that house of yours. i've never seen so much stuff going on in one place.

Olivia said...

Ooh you (and I) need to catch up on all the great cartoons.

Have you seen The Incredibles? It's incredible!

What's the one where they escape from the zoo and end up on an island? There is a scene in there so funny I turned inside out laughing!

I'd love to see B Movie.

Olivia said...

Oh, and Little House, I read all the books so many times over. I remember I always wanted to slap Nelly Olsen in the TV show though!!

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed Finding Nemo and Shreck.
I'm turning a little blubbery as I get older.

Jeff B said...

I always wanted to slap Nelly until her hair went straight!

Little ringleted brat.

Anonymous said...

I recommend Ren & Stimpy and Duckman.

And what's wrong with Bugs Bunny?