Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Carpet Guy and ....

Okay, this is going to be short and sweet.

I have a guy that I hire to clean my carpets and tile floors ever so often. My sister just left (as you all know) and the carpets and my tile floors (kitchen, bathrooms, laundry room, etc. etc.) needed a good scrub-a-dub-dub. Family, babies, parties, family, parties, FAMILY.... did i say that? yeah I did. Well anyways...

He rang the door bell at 8:30 this morning. He was here until after 2pm (yes that is how gross my carpets were people, but then again I have over a 2800 sq ft house and didn't i mention that I had family here for 2.5 months!) it needed it! oh yeah and a DOG (that is my next post... our f'in dog!)

OKAY, my point is this!

When he comes he takes almost all my furniture out of the house, onto my front porch and my back. He puts crap all on my beds, in my shower, in my tub, on my couches, on my counters, etc. etc. etc. It is a complete Ruckus when I get home. I spend 4 hours putting my house back together after he leaves.

BUT he does do a freakin good job. My carpet looks brand new, it feels good to walk on with bare feet again and my white tile (yes I said white, I know I know... I bought the house this way) looks awesome. I shouldn't complain BUT...

BUT for $250.00 wouldn't ya think he would help out or maybe not make such a disaster for me when I return. I dunno, I am just irked and tired. I work all day. I am a mother and a partial wife ** giggles ** and I pay for the entire job to be done so I can come home and rest.

Am I wrong here? Do you feel my pain? what the heck!

It just seems like a lot of money, when I did most of the work!!!!!!

15 comments:

Gorilla Bananas said...

To be honest I think you good deal, as he's a carpet cleaner not a furniture mover. Another guy might have asked you to move all the stuff before he came.

captain corky said...

250 sounds like a great deal. And for the most part I agree with gorilla, but if it were my business, I would probably put the big stuff back where it goes like the couches etc.

Karen said...

I think 250 is a good deal also. I have a carpet steamer so I do the living room and dining by myself. I would pay myself more than that.

Ken said...

Definitly a good deal dollar wise, but he should of made it tidy back.

When I do a small remodeling job or repair in someones house, I tell them I don't like to move personal items, would you please have this and that moved out of my way. Also, I will move them, but you'll have to pay me for that.

Leighann said...

I think you're getting a good deal. Personally I wouldn't want someone moving my stuff so I'd want to do it myself anyway.

Schmoop said...

"I have a guy that I hire to clean my carpets and tile floors ever so often..."

Is that what you're calling it now?

I agree with the others, I think it is a pretty good deal. Cheers!!

Rock Chef said...

Don't know about the price but I would have said that if he moves stuff out he should move it in back again. Otherwise he should let you clear the floors and clean what he can see.

That is how I would operate anyway!

BUMBLE!!! said...

At least you had a good job done on the floors. You definitely aren't going to be able to have your cake and eat it too!

All the same, have a good day in your SUPER CLEAN floor house!

Jay said...

Seems odd that he would move it but not put it back. I thought that normally these guys had policy about who moves what up front and either they don't touch the furniture or they do it all.

Sometimes they have a no touch policy when it comes to furniture and personal possessions for insurance reasons. I guess he didn't have that policy.

Good price though!

EJL said...

I wish I could get that kind of clean for $250!

I have to move everything for carpet guy when he gets to my house, I have to vacum, and then put it all back.

The past three nights in a row, I came home to dog poo on my rug. Imagine how hard that was to get out. Now the rug smells like carpet cleaner..which just reminds me of dog doo and pee, and so know when I smell the cleaning solution, I think i am smelling pee. Not to mention, my 3 year old potty training and ummm...NOT making the mark sometimes.

oh geezie weezie... I wish my carpet was clean..but 2 babies and 3 dogs...sigh

Jahooni said...

Okay, i know that $250.00 was a great price... he does such a good job. He even does my grout in my tile floors. I also feed him lunch, etc. and tip.

I was just tired yesterday and having to move everything back in kinda sucked. I guess this post was just that. A poor Me post. We all need them every once in awhile....

Ken said...

Hey before you visit Doc + MC....you can have my candy bar, I want you to have it!

Anonymous said...

tell him you'll walk around topless if he puts the stuff back!

If you waant im to put it back too he's gonna charge you extra.

Jahooni said...

Micky-T,
you're too kind. nope you won fair and square and now i have my own award that Doc so lovingly gave to me... HUH! swat swat swat.

Southern Sage,
Are you making come to your blog for HNT? ;)~
I'll be right over.

MommyHeadache said...

I think the price would have been fine if he'd thrown in a full servicing for you for free...assuming, that is that he was a fuckable candidate ;) was he...physical description please, good biceps etc?