Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Happy Halloween!


Okay Okay... I know I am a little early but I plan on being super busy the next couple days... SO HAPPY HALLOWEEN EVERYONE! BOO! This picture is the e-card that my cousin sent to me, aren't these kids really cute?! Katelyn was a witch last year and this year she is going to be an American Indian. We make her costumes every year since she was a baby and this year I think it turned out okay. She is super white and very pale like me, so seeing her with a black wig with long braids and feathers is kinda funny.
Katelyn has her Brownie Troop meeting tonight at a Pumpkin Patch. It's a pretty big one with rides, etc. Should be lots of fun and I love seeing our troop of girls dressed in full uniform (which they do when we go to outings). I promise promise that the next post will be pictures of her (and maybe me, since I need to update my profile picture since it was almost 2 years ago!) of her in her brownie uniform and Halloween outfit.
I am very proud of myself for not eating any of the candy that we bought to pass out. Usually I sneak a couple hand fulls, but these year NONE! I am down 8 lbs. Hoping 15 by Christmas. My hubby is going to buy that book called, "You on a Diet" by Dr. Oz, has anyone heard of this book? I know of several people that have changed their life from it. Not only have they lost weight but they feel better and look healthier.
Okay back to candy.... it is HALLOWEEN damn it! Maybe today I'll sneak a snickers.

11 comments:

Olivia said...

Hm, I wonder what will happen around here at Halloween...it's all on TV, but there isn't a great habit of knocking on doors except in the nicer neighbourhoods...

The people in our building are not very friendly.

Oh! There are fireworks outside for some reason, right now!

Crabby said...

You're a stronger woman than me if you can hold back on the Halloween candy. Soon as I have it in the car I break it open.

Logzie said...

Congrats on the 8 lbs.!! Oh yah, we were partners, werent we? Oops...I think I may have lost a pound. Sorry to let you down...but you GO GIRL...that's awesome!

As for that book...I would love that book...Dr. Oz is my absolute favorite!!

Gorilla Bananas said...

I try to set a good example for the children by turning my nose up at their candy and eating fresh fruit instead. Aren't you going to dress up as a witch yourself? Or how about the Catwoman?

Rock Chef said...

I am always dubious about people with names like Dr Oz - makes me think of Dr Nick on The Simpsons ;-)

kara said...

HAPPY HALLOWEEN EVERYONE! BOO!

Ok...the BOO! has to come beforeany of the other words, or we just won't be startled by it. Which goes against everything the BOO! stands for. You must be true to the BOO! Jahooni!

Olivia said...

Boo! I tagged you round mine! Tag!

Logzie said...

Ok...where's the pictures you promised?? I am waiting PATIENTLY!!!!!!! LOL!!! :0)

Jahooni said...

Hello Everyone... Sorry that it has been so long since I blogged, but guess what? I am busy.

Go figure?!

I will post pictures on Sunday Logziella...

Um Naief said...

can't wait to see the pics of katelyn. i'm glad you guys had such a good time, even tho it started out sorta slow... and you didn't get to as many houses... you still had a nice time.

and good job on not eating tons of the candy. i'm sure i'd eaten a few handfuls... but you know, i'm not as crazy about candy as i was before getting pregnant. it's weird.

Anonymous said...

Okay it's now November....Halloween is over
hahaha

(call me)

Love ya
~Marci~