Thursday, April 3, 2008

This and That and .... well really nothin'!

Getting ready to go to sleep. Hoping sleep will come. Seems lately I lie there waiting. hoping. getting really mad that it hasn't. tossing and turning. praying. thoughts. more, more and more.

Does anyone else have the same problem? It sucks doesn't it?

I make lists while trying to fall asleep. All kinds. I have 5 (sometimes more) categories:
1. Kate
2. Work
3. Self
4. Home
5. Family

I could go on and on and on about what each one details. Shoot I even remember sub-folders under each one (then under that one, etc. etc. etc.) in one of my dreams.... i love to dream. i am very thankful for that. i feel sorry for those that don't remember or never have.

Anyhoo, my next five posts will be about the thoughts, the details, the chores, the everything for each five. Unless of course I change my mind and/or too busy making lists!

Nighty Night.

9 comments:

kara said...

it's when you start dreaming in excel spreadsheets that you should worry about getting a prescription.

Gorilla Bananas said...

Get the soundtrack from Chitty-Chitty-Bang-Bang. That Dick van Dyke lullaby will put you under like a surgical anesthetic.

Reggie Hunnicutt said...

Nope...I lie down and start snoozing away. It is a blessing.

Simple mind...no worries.

Schmoop said...

I usually just pass out. Cheers Jahoooooni!!

Jay said...

There was a time when I wouldn't go to bed because I had terrible violent dreams. Then I went through periods of insomnia. But now I usually can go on to sleep most nights. I have a lot of weird dreams though.

MommyHeadache said...

I have no trouble getting to sleep but if I did I would do the combo of:
1. glass of wine or your favorite tipple
2. v energetic sex (really or it doesn't tire you out) and some really exhausting draining orgasms.

Failing that...
reading the Bible. You'll be asleep in seconds

Jahooni said...

Enough about sleep let's move on something else... hymnn, what should I post today?
oh wait, someone was supposed to do it for me!

Olivia said...

Someone was supposed to do it for you since Wednesday!

Usually, I fall right to sleep, and even if I do start a list or a plan, I fall asleep in the middle of it.

Logzie said...

Try Melatonin...it's an all natural supplement that you can take to fall asleep. It works for me. Insomnia is no fun!