Tuesday, April 8, 2008

ME = Busy Bee...


I have been busy like a bee since Friday. I had some old friends that came up from the OC late Friday night to get up with us to go to Kate's softball game Saturday morning. They lost 8-6 but Katelyn did great at pitching again. Once I get all my pictures uploaded I will post some. I maybe can do a Vlog but gosh that is way out of my Blogging 101 Style. ;)~

Saturday after the game we went to my best friends house to hang out. BBQ. Drink. Play with the kids. Ended up spending the night.... (too much fun) and then I attended to all the kids while she went to Home Depot to pick out her new kitchen. Finally this girl is getting the kitchen of her dreams after having two babies in a house that was at times unlivable (they are remodeling entire house from ground up)like you guys really care, but hey, I like to think you might! But going over there makes me want more children. Holding Starlin was just delicious. She fell asleep in my arms while I was forced to watch Nascar.

Then I come home and start organizing my daughters bedroom. She wants to change the theme from flowers, butterflies, pink all over... to light blues, greens and an ocean theme. Only thing: I HATE TO PAINT. But for the last two days we have moved all the furniture, got rid of two bins full of crap, dusted, cleaned windows and organized her entire closet from top to bottom.. and lord knows what else. WHEW! What a Chore that was! But now that it is clean and tidy, I think she forgot she wanted me to paint, etc. Maybe truly she did forget. HOPING.

My daughter will turn 8 this Friday. I am very sad over this. I can't believe it's been that long.... Gosh my little girl is not so little anymore. All the years in the past I have had Big Parties for her Special Day with tons of friends and family but this year I have changed it up. I must have been drunk when I thought of this but I have decided to let her have a Slumber Party. Invitations have been sent out to 6 girls. So come Friday night I will be pulling my hair out! We ordered her the WII for her birthday, so they will have that to play with. I have also organized a red carpet runway show. With guest judges and prizes. We also are going to have a Dance Off. I am going to let them make their own personal pizza's with sundaes for dessert. WHAT WAS I THINKING PEOPLE??! Crap. And here I told myself to keep it simple mellow.

So anyhoo, that is what I have been up too. I promised to Blog over the weekend but failed. Forgive me my sweets but maybe tonight (after her game) I'll pour meself a glass of Merlot and sit down to the computer and live vicariously through your blogs.

Happy Tuesday!

14 comments:

Olivia said...

I like painting, it's therapeutic, and fun watching the colour go on.

Happy early birthday to Kate, another April baby!

Gorilla Bananas said...

Aren't you going to hire a clown for her party? He'll keep them distracted while you paint your toenails.

Dana said...

forced to watch Nascar

What are you? Some kind of communist?? No one is forced to watch NASCAR - it's a priveledge!

Jay said...

Dana ... Having to watch NASCAR should be outlawed under the Geneva Convention as torture! haha ;-)

Oh boy! A sleep over! With 7 screaming girls! I advise you to get some valium and have it ready. LOL

If I was there I would help paint. I'm good at painting!

Ken said...

Holy crap, your gonna have a blast, with a bunch of young girls doing all the whacked out things that young girls would do at a sleepover.

Of course I haven't a single clue what that would be, but I know YOU will enjoy it, as a very cool mom!

Schmoop said...

Eight is a great age...Especially when they are someone else's. Cheers Jahooooni!!

Rock Chef said...

I am sure your sleepover will be great in the end.

About the Wii - Make sure they sure the wrist strap! Get in a load of batteries for the remote! make sure YOU have a go - it is great!

kara said...

when it comes to nascar you always have a choice. always. even if that choice is to throw yourself out the nearest window...it's the right one.

Anonymous said...

I LOVEEEEEEEEEEE NASCAR!!!!I still have sleepovers they rock!!!

Take it easy, it is going to be a long night for you when the slumber party arrives!!!

Anndi said...

They grow fast... my baby is now 1o!

Seven 8 year olds... sleeping over... You'll have help right? I mean, um.. it'll be easy peasy!

Anonymous said...

Jahooni, I have something for you on my blog!!! COME AND GET IT!! MY FRIEND!!!

Single

elizabeth said...

I hear you. My oldest turns 6 in a week. I have no idea where the time goes...

Slumber party list;

popcorn
LOW sugar drinks
video games/movies
ear plugs
wine and/or ativan

good to go.

EJL said...

New blog for me. Hopefully we will get some interesting talks in there. I just published the older conversations...but I thought it was a good idea.

http://conversationswithhubby.blogspot.com/

Real Live Lesbian said...

You'd better save that merlot for Friday night! What a great mom you are! It sounds like a fabulous party! Oh to be 8 and have you for a mom! Lucky girl!