Saturday, April 5, 2008

Me, Myself, and I

Sometimes things don’t always go my way. Sometimes I don’t sleep so well. Sometimes, I just want to escape.

Sometimes…

I dream of being somebody else.

I don’t mean that I want to take on the personality and trappings of another person full-time like a crazy person.

But maybe just take a few minutes once in awhile and take a brief, mini-mental vacation by dreaming that I am somebody else.

But who would I want to be?

Well, the Virgin Mary comes to mind. I mean she’s the Queen Bee of all things. Of course, there’s that whole virgin thing. And, I think riding around on a donkey would give me hemorrhoids, and make my ass fat.

Joan of Arc was cool (pun intended). Strength, courage, bravery. I don’t know if I want to be torched though. I like it hot, but only if there’s a pool and open bar nearby.

I guess I could be a sexy Rock n Roll singer adored by all. However, while adoration is good, the constant travel would be a pain the butt.

Plus, the heat of the spotlights would make my make-up run all over my face. Not good.

Hmmmm. I just don’t know.

How about owning a chain of Subway Restaurants? I could fire all of the stupid people who work there. But even that has its drawbacks.

Don’t get me wrong, I love a good Subway sandwich, but do I want to come home every night smelling like oil, vinegar, and hours old meatballs?

Plus there is a chance I may run into that creepy Jared guy. I don’t see that as a perk.

I guess, instead of being somebody else, that I should just think about how I can make my life into what I want it to be.

In fact, just posting this, kinda made me feel like somebody else. And while, it’s fun daydreaming, it is more satisfying going to bed at night, knowing that while my life may not be all I want it to be, I can make that happen.

And when I do, I will have accomplished something much more challenging than choosing between Queen Elizabeth II and Queen Latifah.

For now, I’ll choose to be Jahooni…

24 comments:

Dana said...

I think you should stay Jahooni! This world wouldn't be quite the same without my daily dose of Jahooni!

But I do know that desire to jump into another life for a few moments!

Schmoop said...

I like Jahooni ; ) Although I bet Joan of Arc was a real minx in bed. Cheers!!

Doc said...

I like jahooni too!

Ken said...

Me too!
I'll share my candy bar anytime you need a lift.

Jahooni said...

Thank you thank you thank you to that "certain" someone who did this very sweet post for me. Made me wake up and SMILE. Started my day in just the right way ;)~
Friends are wonderful in the road of life.

But if I could choose to be someone else it would be..... oh gosh, this is hard, ummmm hymn.... a showgirl in Vegas for life! ;)~

Jeff B said...

Those others got nothin' on you!

You're a one of a kind and just right the way you are.

Jay said...

... do I want to come home every night smelling like oil, vinegar, and hours old meatballs?"

Oh yummy! ;-)

Yeah, just be Jahooni. Jahooni rocks!

Jahooni said...

okay i think we all should do a "I am AWESOME POST" my head is feeling kinda big ;)~

my daughter has a game today. she will be pitching for the second time and oh yah, she struck out the first batter on Wed. and that was her very first time as pitcher. she ROCKS too!

Karen said...

This was a cute post. I am glad you are Jahooni too. Though I sort of like the smell of subs...

Ali said...

I think that's the best choice - Jahooni is who you're meant to be, and you do it so well!

Plus, those Subway sandwich people seriously stink. Seriously.

The Mountain Cat said...

A Jahooooni of another color won't be Jahooooooni!!

Anonymous said...

Yeah I'm thinkin staying J would be good although owning 49.9% of the Subway chain would be good too, they could just send the check to whatever island you were laying around naked!

Leighann said...

Right on Jahooni, I dig ya just the way you are!

Gorilla Bananas said...

Stay as you are , baby, but put on a costume if you want. I quite like Catwoman.

Anonymous said...

Jahooni, You Rock!! Don't Change!

kara said...

just don't let anyone else try to be jahooni...we consider the market cornered.

Olivia said...

Jahooni Waxes Philosophical and The Plot Thickens :P

I'd love to try another life for a day. It would either spur me on to do more when I return to my own life, or make me plain old dissatisfied and grumpy with it!

P.S. I don't get the "Joan of Arc is cool" pun...

Logzie said...

Yah...you do 'Jahooni' better than anyone else I know! LOL!!

elizabeth said...

I kind of think that is the best choice!!

{{squish}}

Cynic with Flair said...

Oh yeah girl, stay just the way you are. You are a Jared hater, too? I have two friends who despise him and I love yanking their chain about him. He is a worthless loser. Can't Subway hire a better ad agency by now and come up with something different?

EJL said...

I like Jahooni...
who wouldn't with a cool name like that!

Rock Chef said...

Just be Jahooni - if you do want to be a rock star or save France from the English, I am sure you could do it as you!

elizabeth said...

Hey. Jared's my boyfriend.

Kidding. HA. Ha. ha. aaaarrrrrr...

leelee said...

you are the cutest thing..I wouldn't change a thing about you.

HUGS!!