Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Sister is HERE... Daughter is SICK... Christmas tree is DEAD!

Well the past couple days have been very HECTIC! Trying to Blog.... HA! Wasn't happenin'!

First of all my sister, Um Naief, made it to LAX Monday afternoon. My nephew is the most precious little boy!! So beautiful and so well behaved. He is 10 months old and I miss those baby years....Katelyn is my only child so far and these 2.5 months with Naief is going to be so special... I am so very happy they are here and this time around I was less stressed about her coming. She thinks I am a neat freak (I do have those tendencies and can make everyone else's life miserable-but I made a promise to myself to RELAX and "go with the flow" which is a very hard thing for me to do) I was in a great mood and have been for 3 days now, so maybe just maybe we won't kill each other! lol- Welcome Tania and Naief. May you both have a wonderful Holiday in the U.S.

***********************************************
On a sad note: my daughter has been very sick. She started getting sick with a fever last Wednesday evening and woke up with a high fever on Thursday. At first I thought it was just a cold; not eating, sleeping a lot, fevers, cold, hot, etc. etc. So I was just keeping her home and giving her soup, Motrin/Tylenol,etc. BUT on Sunday morning she woke up with these awful (awful is not the appropriate description-Gross is more like it) SORES all over her lips, inside of her lips, tongue, inside of cheeks, etc. Her gums were so red and swollen that you could barely see her upper teeth. I FREAKED OUT. I immediately called my girlfriends for support and one thought it was Foot, Hand and Mouth Disease. The other one (which is a nurse) said to take her in because you never know... that is what I did. Monday after picking my sister up I headed straight to the Dr's office. It is a form of that disease. It starts out as an internal virus that works it's self out through the mouth. It can last up to 14 days. No antibiotic was described. Very contagious. IT SUCKS!!!! Poor thing. She has lost over 5 lbs and looks like a ghost. I am here at work and just want to be home with her... hopefully Auntie is making her feel better.

**********************************************
Another note: Our Christmas tree is COMPLETELY DEAD! I knew my husband was buying it too early. I want to cry. I went to the place that we purchased it and said we can get another one for no charge. But the thought of having to take everything off of the dead one and re-do it, is it worth it??? There is still 13 days left and the ornaments are already falling off the dead branches! Don't laugh. I know you want to....

8 comments:

Olivia said...

Oh Jahooni *hugs*

Ooh, what a hard time to have a baby in the house. I hope Katelyn gets better and noncontagious fast!

On the bright side, you've got your sis and nephew, who has stolen your heart!

Logzie said...

Awe man!! I feel so sorry for Katelyn!...and you! I pray she gets better FAST and that nobody else catches it!~

As for the tree...WHAT?? I have never heard of that! Is your house pretty dry? I definately would go replace it...I know...easy for me to say...just because it's your little nephew's first Christmas and it's special and you'll be taking pictures of your time together. That's just my opinion...on the other hand...it's just a tree and who cares...atleast you have your sister and precious nephew!!!

Have a good time together!!!!!!

Um Naief said...

the tree actually looks ok, but you can tell it's on its last leg... but hey, that's the bad thing about live trees. i say, "go for fake!!!"

i'm a bit surprised that the moods have been so light. nice change and very welcomed! i hope it lasts, but i have a feeling it will. it's a nice change for both of us.

for some reason i just thought of a butterfinger... oh man, i'm getting a package of those tomorrow!

and yes, i'm being a sweet auntie to my niece. she's the sweetest and naief LOVES her already.

we're still having probs w/ the time differences, but hopefully by weekend, it'll be like there was never a problem.

Rock Chef said...

Sorry to hear about your daughter, that sounds horrible. Poor little thing. Hope she is OK for Christmas! [Hugs]

But the tree! I did have to stifle a giggle. Maybe now is the time for a good, artificial tree...

Just a thought...

Jahooni said...

Thanks everyone....

I am really behind at work and when I catch up here I will soon catch up on all of my FAV blogs!
Missing you all....

Things are going Okay. Katelyn is still sick but getting better.

Tree is still dead and haven't made up my mind on what I am going to do...

Moods are OK but this morning was TESTY! Glad I scurried off to work!

Anonymous said...

Regarding the Xmas tree: I do laugh and mock your pain.

But I feel so sorry for your little daughter. I wish her the quickest recovery!

kara said...

The fact that the Christmas tree place is willing to replace it is a rare and wonderful gift. I'd take advantage of it. Then you can decorate all over with your sister! Your daughter can just throw a few ornaments on from where she's resting on the couch with hot cocoa.

Anonymous said...

New post please......ha ha ha

tell your sister Hi
and you never called me back about Katelyn....I bet you NEVER went back to the Dr's.....

hope all is well talk to ya
soon

Love
~Marci~