Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Back Home

We are back from our vacation.... We had a great time. Fished a lot, played a lot of games, hiked, had picnics, and went site seeing. Had some good cold beers and yummy hot dogs, steak, chicken, fish (of course) bacon and eggs, marshmellows, a bottle of wine, a few mixed drinks.... lots of junk food (isn't that what vacation is about?) and how on earth I didn't gain weight is beyond me! My daughter had fun fishing with daddy. Daddy caught this trout and it weighed in at almost 5lbs. (Haven't ate it yet) A big brown bear came in our camp site and wanted to meet us in person (he got up on his hind legs... and was trying to tell us Who is Boss), my dog got stung by a bee in his mouth and got really sick from that, one of my brackets from my braces broke and my mouth got infected and my hubby had to cut off half my wire with these old wire clippers from the tool box in the truck, and OH YEAH.. the truck broke down 1 hour away from our designation and we had to wait 3.5 hours for Triple AAA to rescue us to take us back down the hill (not in the correct direction) to spend the night in the RV park and then hubby spent the entire first day under the hood trying to fix the clutch fan (which he did half ass) and we managed to make it to camp and then had no truck for 3 days and over $700
later... yadda yadda yadda. I proceeded to drink those cold beers while watching him sweat (poor thing), then I got a fishing hook stuck in my finger which got infected too. Hymn... what else?
But hey, it was fun! Until next year.



16 comments:

Um Naief said...

this sounds like one hellava trip! i had no idea that all those other things happened too!

the cold beers sound fab.... and the pics of katelyn fishing and the fish that B is holding looks mighty nice! did you do any fishing or just sit on the sidelines and give directions?! oooops, i mean orders!? :)

well, at least you had the camper to camp in while you were waiting for the truck to get fixed and at least B knew how to at least try to fix it. you should be glad for that.

get those braces looked at... can't imagine having the bracket break and B cutting it out w/ something.... too crazy!

Reggie Hunnicutt said...

That's one hell of a trout.

Anonymous said...

Katelyn look's so cute fishing

And your new nickname is DRAMA

it's always something with you.....

but Im glad that you guys made it home safe....

call me
Love ya
~Marci~

Jahooni said...

um naief,

Yes, all that happened and then some. Didn't mention the night with the inlaws!!! Going to the Ortho doc in a week or so... no worries. But it did freak me out just a tad bit when he was in my mouth with those big ugly things!

Reggie,

Wish it was my fish instead of hubbies but it did make his day!

Jahooni said...

Marci-

Got your message late last night. After getting home from the gym and dying in the heat, out AIR CONDITIONER went out in the house! Can you freakin believe this?!

Yes I am all DRAMA! Haven't I always been!

I will call you today when I get off around 4:30ish!

Love you and Miss you bunches.

(maybe not having air will make me get used to it and then we can drive to Arizona!)

Um Naief said...

drive to arizona because you're getting used to the heat!!!??? i think you need to save some cash for coming here! ;)

and marci... she's been DRAMA for ever... since she was little... the stories i could tell ya!!!

one day when i come... we'll sit and chat! ehhehehehehe

Olivia said...

LOL I love how you start with "we had a great time" and then proceed to reel off a litany of disasters! But at least you are laughing at it all now!

Um Naief, your sis is such a bubbly lady!

Jahooni said...

Olivia,

Um Naief is very dear to my heart and also my "older sister which sometimes causes me to go a bit looney.

We did have a great time even though it wasn't "perfect", but what really is?

Gorilla Bananas said...

You sound like the kind of humans who would enjoy an African safari! We don't have trout, but an ostrich steak is pretty tasty.

Um Naief said...

gorilla bananas, OMG... I'D LOVE an african safari. it's something i've always wanted to do. have you gone on one?

don't think i'd eat any ostrich steaks though...

Jahooni said...

gorilla bannanas,

how did you find me? thanks for stopping by. Now I must visit you...

Um Naief(my sister)and I would love an African Safari!

jac said...

Welcome back !

I forgot to let you know that I was wandering there near you camp in that brown bear attire, but I didn't know it was you ?

Um Naief said...

olivia, she is bouncy... she keeps me laughing most times. but... beware... mornings!!!!!! oooohhhh... S C A R Y!!!

Um Naief said...

jac, LOL

Olivia said...

Jahooni - I guess because your daughter is older than Naief, I thought you were older.

But now, considering how different your blogs are, I can definitely tell by personality that you're the younger ;)

Logzie said...

Hey there! Thanks for stopping by my blog.

I thought this kind of stuff only happened in my life! HA! Sorry for all of the stuff that happened but it made for a GREAT blog post. HA!

I enjoyed your blog...I'll be back.

:o)