Thursday, November 29, 2007

A VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS IT SHALL BE....



This is my sister, Um Naief (AKA-Tooners AKA-Tania) and this adorable baby boy is my nephew Naief. They live in Bahrain. She fell in love with a Bahraini Boy and left her poor family behind over 4 years ago to live without her. Was I mad, Heck yah!

I have never been there yet. I want to go. I have promised her countless times that we would go, we being: my husband, my daughter, our mother... but with my daughter in school, etc. and our mother having chronic emphysema and the cost of four people to go there, whew. Maybe next year I will go myself or just with Katelyn. One of these days.....

Anyways, to get to my topic. She and Naief are COMING IN TWO WEEKS to spend Christmas with us and then Hashim (her hubby) will join us the end of January to celebrate Naief's 1st birthday on February 4th. I just found this out LAST NIGHT, yes I said, LAST NIGHT! OMG!

Am I prepared? Hell NO! We weren't really expecting them until after the New Year, and they usually come once a year and we celebrate the Holidays, etc. and exchange gifts at that time, so I HAVE BOUGHT NOTHING YET!

I am very happy because it's been YEARS since we were together for Christmas. And I will finally get to hold my nephew for the first time. This is her only child. And I really never thought my sister would have a baby. She wasn't the best Aunt... (just kidding) she is, but she never was into children. now seeing her as a mother, it was meant to be. Precious.

Us as sisters, well we have this LOVE/HATE relationship. We love hard and we fight hard. It's not easy at times but I think, actually I know, that this visit will be different. It has to be! There isn't enough time to fight over the silly things.... so, Um Naief, do as I say and everything will be just peachy! ;-)

2 weeks, OMG! OMG! OMG!

14 comments:

Olivia said...

Hehe, you and your sis are so cute. I've just come from her blog and as I clicked on your link, I just knew you'd be over here all a-flutter over their visit! *hugs*

Jahooni said...

Thanks Olivia... :-)

Logzie said...

Thanks for the picture...it's always nice to put a face with a name!

I bet you two will have a ball! I am very happy for you!

And what a cutie he is!!!!

Anonymous said...

Janeen I so happy that your sister is coming to visit you.....you two girl's better get along and NO fighting....

Oh and are you guys coming to see me in Arizona??

if not I understand....

Love Ya

~Marci~

Jahooni said...

Marci,

Funny that you should ask because that is one stop she wants to do.... or do you want to come for Naief's 1st birthday party?

Um Naief said...

ok, first off, what a HORRIBLE picture of me! my hair looks sooo thin... almost as if i don't have any to speak of. Naief is adorable though...so it makes it all better! :)

yep, in 10 days... we'll be there. i cried off and on yesterday at the silliest of things... i'm assuming it's because of nerves, excitement, happiness... and just a real wanting to be there.

i need to get away from here for a while, and i'm soooo happy that you've opened up your house to us for the holidays... and thru to the end of Feb!! what a long time... i sure hope we can go that long w/out killing each other. ;)

but hey... all things are possible if you have a little faith!!

and who knows... maybe this won't be our only child!! imagine!!!!

Gorilla Bananas said...

Relax, Um Naief, you look fine. Your skin is in great condition and I bet you're fertile enough to have three more kids. I hope you two make the most of it.

Rock Chef said...

Hah, looks like little Naief is going to bite the photographer :-)

You are in for one memorable Christmas, I can see that!

Anonymous said...

Cute kid. I'm glad to read you're seeing them this Christmas.

See ya, Jahooni

Macoosh said...

oooh that's exciting. i hope it all works out for you w/ no fights and lots of cute tots! :)

eshda3wa said...

ur nephew is the CUTEST!

make the most of ur time!

buy em something good!!

kara said...

Where is Bahrain anyway? Guam? Yeah...Guam.

Who needs maps? Not me.

Um Naief said...

bahrain is in the arabian gulf... right next to saudi arabia (yeah, doggy!), and we're real close to dubai, oman, kuwait and such.

unlike many think or believe, it's very peaceful here and the ppl are extremely friendly - well, in most circles.

bahrain is a tiny island w/ approx. 600,000 ppl.

Jay said...

That's gonna be awesome!

Thanks for visiting my blog.

I'll definitely be back!